RubiKon Adventures

Tales and travels of "GrizzLee", "Looksha Lori" & "Yukon Johann"


Monday, September 19, 2022

Canada Bridge River Mototrek ADVenture: A Perfect Start To Another Day

A Perfect Start To Another Day

After the awesome evening, I found myself sleeping in a bit. I am normally an early riser, but this particular morning, I rolled out of my tent about 9:00. That was a great sleep that I haven’t had in a looong time.

The view out my tent was exceptional. To top it off, Loons were calling. If you have never heard the call of a Loon on a clear mountain morning on a lake such as this, you are missing out on one of life’s great pleasures of mountain camping

upload_2022-9-19_8-20-56.png

I slowly got up and made some breakfast. Oatmeal and coffee. Yummy.

upload_2022-9-19_8-21-7.png

Afterwards, I made a small campfire to burn my trash. It was at this point when I heard a quad coming up the road by the lake. A gentlemen came by and made the announcement that he was the local Fire Marshall. Oh no! I thought. With the extreme heat, I bet there is a fire ban. He informed me that indeed there is a fire ban, but given my small fire in an existing fire ring and the fact that I was in a damp area on the lake, he wasn’t concerned and stated that it was OK. In fact, he stated that the means by which I travel, he said it was a good idea not to have trash hanging off my bike in the bush.

He told me he saw me the evening before as I wandered down the side road of Marshall Lake to explore. He owns one of the cabins and was part of a group I saw on a deck overlooking the lake. He stated that I should have stopped in and he would’ve offered me a beer. At the time, I thought I may have been trespassing, so I didn’t hang around. I mentioned that I was going to Tyaughton Lake and he gave me some great direction with distances. When I checked the GPS, It was clear that it was wrong and I would’ve missed a turn and possibly ended up going up to mud lakes. From google, it looks like there is some roads through there and a possible route to get over behind Churn Creek much, much farther north. However, that is an adventure of exploration I may do on a smaller bike with a buddy. It looks pretty dicey up that way.

I packed up camp and ended up leaving around 11:00 am. This is unusually late for me. But hey, I was on vacation. So what’s the hurry?

upload_2022-9-19_8-21-39.png


upload_2022-9-19_8-21-54.png

As I made my way out of camp, I got one last look at Marshall Lake. I kissed it goodbye and moved on.

Before long I found myself high up in the mountains with great views looking south. I was able to get peek-a-boo views of Carpenter Lake in the deep fjord below. The mood, the silence, the smells and the view were so good, that I wish I could stay and sit to soak it all in for hours.

upload_2022-9-19_8-22-25.png

I soon found myself traveling along the Tyaughton River. It was running fast and cold. I came to a cattle crossing and a wooden bridge in a small gorge. Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming. Fantastic riding through here.

upload_2022-9-19_8-22-43.png

Soon after I found myself up on a ridge and dropped a bit into the lap of Tyaughton Lake. Traffic around here was unexpected. Quads and motorcycles were littering the road. Suddenly and without warning, I felt I was out of the wilderness. I made a quick stop to see Tyax Lodge. If I ever acquire wealth, I may consider staying there $$$. I made my way down in elevation and ended up at Mowson Pond. There is a nifty rec site there where I had a snack. I had unobstructed views to Mt Sloan, which rises above the Hurley road on the other side of Gold Bridge.

upload_2022-9-19_8-22-59.png

Stay Tuned...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment