RubiKon Adventures

Tales and travels of "GrizzLee", "Looksha Lori" & "Yukon Johann"


Thursday, September 15, 2022

Hosting Ferry & Gulcin of One Road, One World (World Travelers)

 

One Road, One World

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of hosting 2 world travelers, Ferry & Gulcin, at our home.

They are a unique couple that have an interesting story on how they met and how they decided to travel the world by motorcycles. My wife is registered on Bunk-A-Biker (https://www.bunkabiker.org/). She got a message from them, as they were in Canada passing through Seattle on their way to the SouthWest and eventually to South America. So, she invited them to stay. I was so excited to arrive home from work that day to meet these world travelers.

Checking everything out and doing chain maintenance before leaving

My wife and I were most impressed with their stories and their means of travel. How they met is an interesting story that I would defer folks to read about on their website One Road, One World (http://oneroadoneworld.com/) and their Youtube channel which you can find on their website. At one point in our exchanges with them, Gulcin told the personal story of how she was diagnosed with breast cancer, whereby she got extremely emotional. It was clear that the trauma had an effect on her fortitude and help overcome it all. 

All-in-all a great visit. It was all too brief, but they are a incredible couple with incredible stories to tell.

Posing before Gearing Up

In short, my wife and I were both happy to host them and hear their stories. I even get invites to join them on some of their travels here in the states. I am certain that we will cross paths in the future as I am close to retiring now.

And they are off. Great people to meet

We have hosted several folks at our place. All of the folks we've met are interesting and have stories to tell. In every single case, it has very rewarding to share our place and hear of personal experiences from ADV travelers. We have not regretted opening our home to any one of them for one minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment