RubiKon Adventures

Tales and travels of "GrizzLee", "Looksha Lori" & "Yukon Johann"


Sunday, June 23, 2013

Our Life Behind Bars – Father & Son Doing Time in The Northern Frontier

Our Life Behind Bars – Father & Son Doing Time in The Northern Frontier - The Beginning of Our Story

The Story:
My name is Johann Krueger (aka, Yukon Johann). This summer I will be going on an Adventure Motorcycle Touring Expedition starting at my home in Seattle, up through British Columbia, through the Yukon Territory and Alaska with my father. I will be riding my own motorcycle, a BMW F650 GS Dakar.
Recent Trip To the Northern Cascades
The plan is to ride the remote parts of western British Columbia and then into the Yukon Territory up to the border of the North West Territories and then on into Alaska where we plan to ride above the arctic circle to Prudhoe Bay.  Along the way we will visit and observe the effects of global climate changes in the north, interact with indigenous people, witness scenic splendor and observe northern wildlife in its natural habitat.
My Bike
I will be providing updates as internet connection allows with a full presentation of my trip upon completion. The tentative Departure date is June 29, 2013.  I would like to ask for your support by pledging donations for each 100 miles completed. If all goes well, we will have travel in excess of 4,000 miles or more.  100% of your donations will be given to the American Red Cross in support of the people affected by the recent tornado in Oklahoma.
 
Read here for more information.
 
Your donations go directly to the Red Cross Foundation.
 
BTW: I should mention, I am 17 years old. My father will be posting as well, providing his own perspective on the story.
 
Thanks for joining me and supporting my cause. We are sure to have a good time together. 
 
Check back occasionally as we will post updates as best we can. Full story when we return.

No comments:

Post a Comment