RubiKon Adventures

Tales and travels of "GrizzLee", "Looksha Lori" & "Yukon Johann"


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Life on the Edge - My Second Bike

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown

Mum sent some photos from dads old slide collection. This was my second bike. My first being a Honda QA 50.  Gotta love those pants from the 70's.
 
 
Stripping off the street gear, we turned my Yamah 80 into a racer. Those are some of my trophies. Not all of them are from Motrocycle racing. Some came from bicycle motocross.  Yeah, I was living on the edge back then.

 I guess I was influenced by my dad. Here he is in Wyoming on his Honda 750 and a friends bike who rode a 500.
  I sure wish my dad was alive today. It would be fun to go on a ride together.
He passed away from cancer at age 36. Too young.
 
Until Next Time...


4 comments:

  1. Lee, I'd love to see a photo of you and Johan riding together - that will certainly make your dad happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, a Honda QA 50 was my 1st bike and a Yamaha 80 just like yours, was my second bike too. I'm freaking out cuz memories are flooding in my mind! Too KOOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad got a little upset with me when I took the blinkers, headlight and tail light off. My buddy had a YZ 80 and I was jealous. I'd ride for hours out in the country all by myself and come home only to get more gas. I'm 45 now so I was 10 or 11 when I got my 80. Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yes. If I ever come across one of these bikes. I am going to buy it... purely for nostalgia.

      Delete