RubiKon Adventures

Tales and travels of "GrizzLee", "Looksha Lori" & "Yukon Johann"


Wednesday, April 10, 2019

GrizzLee Stories From the North: Episode 3 - Salmon Glacier and Beyond (Video)

Episode 3: Salmon Glacier and Beyond

I finally made it out of Smithers after a day layover to re-tool and clean up. I manage to encounter a huge amount of construction on this day and it was taking me forever to make my way to the Cassiar Highway. And even once I got on the Cassiar, the construction seemed to be every few miles all the way up to the Nass River. It seems that development of this part of the word is finally catching up. At the Meziadin jct I take a 40 mile spur road out to Stewart, BC and then on into Alaska, going through Hyder and up to some spectacular glaciers. I meet Chip Nelson, a fellow adventure rider, along the way. What experienced next is spectacular to say the least. We rode through the small towns of Stewart and Hyder and then up to the Salmon Glacier and beyond. It is a remarkable ride and experience. The video doesn’t do it justice. The next day Chip and I parted ways. Me, I had other plans. I wanted to tackle the North Canol Road (see the next episode).

 I hope you enjoy the ride,

No comments:

Post a Comment